Pi Alpha Alpha
Welcome to Pi Alpha Alpha Website
Who We Are
Pi Alpha Alpha (PAA) is the national honor society formed to recognize and promote excellence in the study and practice of public policy and administration. Pi Alpha Alpha seeks to promote the advancement of quality in the education and practice of the art and science of public policy and administration.
The purpose of Pi Alpha Alpha is to encourage and recognize outstanding scholarship and accomplishment in public affairs and administration, and to foster integrity, professionalism and effective performance in the conduct of government and related public service activities.
Pi Alpha Alpha is administered by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
Criteria for membership
The California State University Dominguez Hills Chapter of Pi Alpha Alpha invites all qualified students to apply for membership in this prestigious national honor society for public affairs and public administration.
- Must have completed at least 15 semester units in public administration
- Must have reached the equivalent of the last semester of the junior year
- Must have a GPA of 3.5 for all courses in the public administration major
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 for all college work completed
- Must have completed at least 18 units of MPA courses
- Must have a GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Must meet the above criteria
- Must be “sponsored” by a full-time Public Administration faculty member
There is a $75 fee for initiation and the first year’s membership. Annual dues (currently $25) are established by the chapter.
Applications are accepted in February and March. The applicant must submit a completed application to the Pi Alpha Alpha faculty advisor. The faculty advisor reviews the application to determine eligibility. The applicant will be notified one month prior to the Spring induction ceremony regarding the applicant’s acceptance. The Spring induction ceremony is usually held in April.