Computing and Communication Facilities
Our facilities include a state-of-the-art intelligent classroom, with a computer at every student seat and total interaction of the instructor's computer with that of the students.
Specifically, capabilities such as the following are provided:
- Sharing the screen of any student with all other students' screens
- Collaborating or interaction by the instructor on any student screen and showing that interaction to the rest of the class
- Having two or more students interact on the same screen and sharing that with the rest of the students
- Viewing the screen of any student on the instructor screen
- Sending messages to any and all students
- Shutting down or locking any and all student screens
- Having the instructor software in split screen mode on the student machines.
The CISCO Academy has a Laboratory adjacent to the intelligent classroom. This Lab contains tables for hand-on student wiring and cabling exercises. Equipment is provided to enable students to make various kinds of electronic measurements. Furthermore, the Lab is equipped with computers and routers which allow the students to configure local and wide area networks. Programming is done on the routers by the students. Also, the computers are disassembled by the students so as to allow insertion of network interface cards and to make other changes.
Network Analysis Lab
In the same physical facility that houses the CISCO Lab, we have also established a Network Analysis Lab. The computers in this Lab are used in conjunction with instruction in our network analysis courses. Students are trained in the installation of different operating systems, client/server software and communications traffic handlers. These computers are cabled into various configurations by the students and disassembled to familiarize the students with computer internals.